From the Archives…..
In case things get a little tough during the next few months we Texans have a plan.
Maybe you don’t know it, but Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union. (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.) We Texans love all y’all Americans, but we’ll probably have to take action since Barack Obama won the election and is now the President of the U.S.A.
We all miss ya’all though.
Here is what can happen:
1. Barack Hussein Obama, after becoming the President of the United States, begins to try and create a socialist country, then Texas announces that it is going to secede from the Union.
2. George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic of Texas. You might not think that he talks too pretty, but we haven’t had another terrorist attack and the economy was fine until the effects of the Democrats lowering the qualifications for home loans came to roost.
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry–we have over 65%
of it. The term “Don’ t mess with Texas,” will take on a whole new meaning.
4.. Oil – we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Well, we don’ t know. Why not ask Obama?
5. Natural Gas – again, we have all we need and it’ s too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore will just have to figure out a way to keep them warm…
6. Computer Industry – we lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications equipment – small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Misconduct, Dallas Semiconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care – We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. The Houston Medical Center alone employs over 65,000 people.
8. We have enough colleges to keep educating and making smarter citizens: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Texas Christian, Rice, SMU, University of Dallas , University of Houston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas Women’s University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force and it isn ‘ t restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas , we are a Right to Work State and, therefore, it’ s every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don ‘ t like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don ‘ t have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let ‘ s not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook’ em so that they taste good. We don ‘ t need any food.
13. Three of the ten largest cities in the United States , and twenty-three of the 100 largest cities in the United States are located in Texas . And Texas also has more land than California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maryland, Rhode Island, and Vermont combined.
14. Trade: Three of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in Texas .
15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don’t need to. You see, nothing rusts in Texas so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn’t a thing out there that we need and don’t have.
Now to the rest of you folks in the United States under President Obama: Since you won’ t have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won’ t have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won’ t have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you won’ t need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat out of Global Warming.
In other words, the rest of ya’ll in the USA have had it!
Signed, The People of Texas
P.S. This is not a threatening letter – just a note to give you something to think about!
Sleep well tonight ‘ cause the eyes of Texas are on YOU!!
One Nation Under God!!
”Life’ s tough – it’ s even tougher if you’ re stupid.’
– John Wayne