All the rhetoric on whether or not we should go to war
against Iraq has got my insane little brain spinning
like a roulette wheel. I enjoy reading opinions from
both sides, but I have detected a hint of confusion
from some of you.
As I was reading the paper recently, I was reminded of
the best advice someone ever gave me. He told me about
the ‘Kiss Method’ (“keep it simple, stupid!).
Therefore, with this as a theme, I’d like to apply
this theory for those who don’t quite get it. My hope
is that we can simplify things a bit and recognize a
few important facts.
Here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion
on this important issue:
1) Between President Bush and Saddam Hussein……
Hussein is the bad guy.
2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the
right thing keep this in mind… they have Libya
heading the committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading
the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math
3) If you use Google search and type in “French
military victories,” your reply will be “did you mean
French military defeats?”
4) If your only anti-war slogan is “no war for oil,”
sue your school district for allowing you to slip
through the cracks and robbing you of the education
5) Saddam and Bin Laden did/will not seek United
Nations approval before they try to kill us.
6) Despite common belief, Martin Sheen is not the
President. He plays one on TV.
7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an infidel!
In addition, Bin Laden wants you dead, too.
8) If you believe in a “vast right-wing conspiracy,”
but not in the danger that Hussein poses, quit hanging
out with the Dell computer dude.
9) We are not trying to liberate them.
10) Whether you are for military action or against it,
our young men and women overseas are fighting for us
to defend our right to speak out. We all need to
support them without reservation.
I hope this helps.